I have Microsoft Office Specialist certification, but I am looking for a book or website that offers “real world” exercises. Do you know any?
A quick Google search for the following keywords produces several locations for such information:
• microsoft excel advanced tutorial
• microsoft excel advanced training
Once you are good with the basics of MS-Excel, the areas that make up the more advanced learning are as follows:
• PivotTables and PivotCharts
• Security and Protection
• SharePoint documents
• VBA coding
One can never learn enough when it comes to the latter two items listed above. And John Walkenbach has a selection of books on "Excel Formulas" which is really quite good.
O’Reilly & Associates, Inc. offers many technical references that are also quite good:
• "Excel Programming: A Developer’s Notebook", Jeff Webb
• "Programming Excel with VBA and .NET", Steve Saunders, Jeff Webb
• "VB & VBA in a Nutshell: The Language"